- Privacy and confidentiality are of paramount importance to Pathways to Care.
- Pathways to Care recognises the importance of protecting the personal information of individuals. Clients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is recognised, respected and protected in all aspects of their contact with Pathways to Care. All clients have the right to decide who has access to their personal information.
- Pathways to Care will collect, use and disclose information in accordance with relevant state and Federal privacy legislation.
- All staff are responsible for upholding Pathways to Care’s privacy and confidentiality responsibilities. Pathways to Care will operate at all times in accordance with the requirements state and federal legislation.
- Pathways to Care will only collect information necessary for safe and effective service delivery. It will only use information collected for the purpose it was collected, and secure it appropriately.
- Information related to clients will not be released to other individuals or services without informed consent from the client or their representative, or in exceptional circumstances.
Client and Family Privacy and Confidentiality
Pathways to Care will only request and retain personal or health information that is necessary to:
- assess a potential client’s eligibility for a service;
- provide a safe and responsive service;
- monitor the services provided; and
- fulfil contractual requirements to provide non identifying data and statistical information to a funding body.